Parent-Teacher Conferences 2/27 and 2/28
Parent-Teacher Conferences are this week on February 27th and 28th. Here are a few tips to to help create a successful meeting:
- Talk to Your Child: Ask your child if there is anything they would like you to discuss with the teacher.
- Plan Ahead: E-mail any concerns to the teacher in advance to allow them to prepare a thorough, thoughtful response.
- Be Prepared: Jot down everything that you want to talk about at the conference.
- Stand United: Whenever schedules allow, have both parents/guardians attend the meeting.
- Timeliness: Arrive promptly or a few minutes early.
- Start Off on the Right Foot: Begin with positive comments about the teacher or classroom.
- Stay on Track: Avoid lengthy discussions of topics that are not related to the purpose of the conference.
- Listen to What the Teacher Has to Say: Be open-minded to suggestions from the teacher.
- Show Gratitude: Express appreciation for the conference.
- Tell Your Child What You Discussed: Take notes about what has been discussed to share with your child.
Please contact your child’s teacher directly if you need to scheduled a time to meet.
February Paw Prints:
February 27 & 28: Parent Teacher Conferences by appointment only
March 1: No School, Teacher Workday
March 4: Open Enrollment for New Students Begins
March 8: CAPTO Dress Down Day $1
Q3 Report Cards Sent Home
Student Council Spring Dance, 7-8:30 pm, Grades 5-9
March 15: CAPTO Butterfly ball, 7-8:30pm, Grades K-2
March 22: CAPTO Dress Down Day, $1
Open Enrollment for New Students Ends
March 23-March 31: No School, Spring Break