Cornerstone Academy makes every effort to ensure that you are notified as early as possible when school is closed due to inclement weather. We utilize SchoolMessenger, an automated call and messaging service, and post with the major news and radio channels when the decision is made to close school. Here are a few tips to ensure you receive these important notifications:
- Our school closing listing will ALWAYS be listed as “Cornerstone Academy.” If transportation was delayed for your district, your bussing will be delayed as well. Cornerstone Academy will never delay the start of school.
- Update your contact information every time there is a change. You may do this with the school office or via SchoolMint.
- Ensure your PowerSchool account is set up to allow phone calls, emails, and/or SMS messages via SchoolMessenger.
- Log into the PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you do not have your account information, please contact your child’s teacher.
- Select the Contact Manager option from the left menu.
- Choose the Contacts tab: you should see your child’s name displayed.
- Click the edit option to the right of your child’s name. This will display a page with your contact information and your communication preferences.
- Make your selections and save them.
- Please note: in order to receive SMS (text) messages, you MUST log in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal and activate them.
- You may use Contact Manager to “Opt Out” of receiving messages completely.
- Receive alerts from on the local news outlets:
- Please note: If a large number of schools/districts are closed, news outlets may edit the school closing list in order to get through the major districts in a timely manner. You may also visit their website for a complete listing of school closings. This is particularly of use when choosing ABC 6/Fox News 28 as your school closing source.
January Paw Prints:
February 4: Jump Rope for Heart Campaign Kick Off, Quarter 3 interims sent home
February 7: CAPTO General Meeting, 6:30pm
February 8: CAPTO K-2 Glow Party, 7pm
February 14: Valentine’s Day
February 15: CAPTO $1.00 Dress Down Day
February 18: President’s Day – No School
February 21: Spring Pictures, uniforms not required
February 27: CAPTO $1.00 Dress Down Day, Parent – Teacher Conferences, by appointment only
February 28th: Parent Teacher Conferences – by appointment only