Holiday Giving Project to Benefit Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Each December the Cornerstone Community hosts a Holiday Giving Campaign. In recent years the PTO and Student Council have partnered to donate canned goods, winter hats, mittens, and scarves to needy families. This year one of our teachers was inspired to focus the Holiday Giving Campaign on school-aged children who will spend the Holiday Season in the hospital this year. One thing Mrs. Marks and many other teachers are inspired to do with their students through this campaign, is to instill the importance of giving, even when you get nothing in return. We thought it would be nice to give the kids at Children’s Hospital something while giving our own students the opportunity to learn about compassion and kindness.
On Saturday, December 3rd, we will kick-off the Holiday Giving Campaign at our Holiday Breakfast. Throughout the building you will find wagons to place your gifts for the patients at the hospital. We are asking the students to bring in an unwrapped item (see list below) by Friday, December 16th. We know things get tight this time of year, but if you are able to choose an item (or two if they’re small), we are sure the kids and their families will be very grateful. Thank you for partnering with us to spread kindness this Holiday Season.
Mrs. Marks, The CAPTO, & The Wolf Pack
TOP 10 NEEDS at NATIONWIDE CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
Attached is a list of additional needed items listed by age/development.
- Plastic infant/toddler musical light up or vibrating toys (V-Tech, Fisher Price, Munchkin)
- Lego sets (small and medium sizes)
- Musical soothers (plastic without cloth parts)
- UNO Card Game
- Little Tike & Fisher Price action structures and parts people, cars, animals & trains
- DVD’s (Disney, Pixar, Teen)
- Crayola art supplies (24-pack crayons, markers, color pencils, scissors) coloring books, craft kits
- Play-Doh and Play-Doh kits
- Amazon gift cards
RESTRICTIONS & SPECIAL NOTES FROM NATIONWIDE CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL WEBSITE
- Due to infection control and allergies, we CANNOT accept used toys of any kind. This includes stuffed animals that have not been played with but have been on display or shelves in a home (Example: Beanie Baby collections).
- We CAN accept newly purchased stuffed animals with tags still attached.
- Please do not include food items (snacks/candy) in activity bags or patient gifts.
- We are unable to use VHS tapes.
- We need to see all items before they are distributed, so please do not wrap gifts for children.
- Please make sure you check all hand-sewn items to remove any needles or pins you may have used during construction.
- We cannot accept donations of toys with weapons or violent themes such as guns, knives, swords, or other projectiles. This includes guns with Styrofoam or plastic bullets.
For a more extensive WISH LIST from Children’s Hospital broken down by age groups click the link. Nationwide Children’s Wish List